- There are lots of wine rules. In Georgia, different wines can only be called certain things depending on where they’re coming from. Kind of like you can only call it champagne if it’s coming from that region of France.
- There’s also the rule, that’s universal, that if you’re the person to finish a bottle, you have to buy the next one.
- Susan, you know I only drink biodynamic wine now. It’s organic.
- Did you bring some to share then?
- Do you have a headache from the Saperavi wine we drank last night?
- Not at all, I suspect it must be because it’s biodynamic.
She told me she was going to Georgia and I assumed she meant the state! Did you know there was a country named Georgia? ‘Cuz I didn’t.
We should take a trip to Georgia, the country. I hear the vineyards and the mountains are beautiful.
The best wine ever is from Georgia. Trust me. My dad told me after he went one time.
- Dang girl, you must have been green harvested because you’re perfect, like the grape of a fine wine.
- Get away from me.
- Who knew grapes could be so competitive?! During a green harvest the strong grapes get to stay and the wimpy ones get tossed, like musical chairs.
- Sorry bud, I don’t think you’d make the cut.
- Man, I am really feeling this nabakhusevi.
- Well it’s a good sign that you can even pronounce that right now. Try this Georgian soup. It cures all.
Did you try the Saperavi? I drank so much of it my tongue is permanently bright purple. Look!
There’s a wine out there that won’t give you a headache because it’s so low in sulfites. It’s called Saperavi. Seriously, you gotta try it.
Most red wines get their color from red grapes that have translucent flesh but Saperavi wine comes from red grapes that are red on the inside and outside. Isn’t that cool?
At supra last night they filled me up with so much food I had to unbutton my pants.
That yogurt dill soup we had at supra yesterday was so delicious. No one would ever dare try and recreate it.
I feel bad for you that you’ve never had khachapuri. It’s a supra staple item and it’s only the softest, cheesiest bread I’ve had in this lifetime. ‘Nuff said.
- You’ve been appointed the toastmaster.
- Oh, dope. I love toast.
- No, you have to make a toast. You’re the Tamada so it has to be epic too.
- Oh boy, pass the wine.
- Wow, that wine has some serious grip to it.
- What does that mean?
- Wine with a decent amount of texture or tannins can be described as grippy.
- Ok, snob.
- What makes Saperavi wine so dark?
- Saperavi is made with teinturier grapes, so they’re wicked red all the way through. Not like the grapes we’re used to.
- I can’t wait to watch the Punchdown when we get to the winery.
- Who do you have money on?
- People aren’t getting punched down, dude. Grapes are. Punchdown is a wine term for the fermentation process.
- Some Georgian wine comes from grapes that have fermented in a giant clay pot in the ground called a qvevri for like five to six months.